Friday, July 10, 2009

Andrea

Near the fountain in Levi's Plaza
The Embarcadero
Thursday noon

***

I grew up in San Francisco. I wasn't born here, but I grew up here.
In September of 1991, just one month before my 21st birthday, I left the smoggy sun of Southern California for the best City in the world.
In San Francisco I learned how to be an adult and how to be accountable for my actions. But most importantly, I learned how to be me, and how to be comfortable with me.
I learned not only how to be comfortable with my peculiarities, but to enjoy them. I learned that I could love, be strong, be myself. And be happy.
In San Francisco I learned to dance.

6 comments:

LouDuk said...

That is geat of her. I love the contrast.

Starlene said...

I've heard that about SF, that you go there to learn to be you. : ) What a wonderful thing to be.

I'm off to pop over to her blog and then check out the photoshoot!

Char said...

learning to dance is a beautiful thing

elk said...

what a lot os wosdom in your story...

AphotoAday said...

In the slideshow, the photo that changes from black and white into color really grabbed me... Well done! Beautiful series...

Dancing Hula in the Sunset said...

I had a great time. Julie was a wonderful person to hang out with and the pictures are beautiful. Thank you.