Monday, October 26, 2009

Nani

Lilac Alley
The Mission
Tuesday afternoon

***

The City that I Love
June 25, 2009

Man in cream colored suit, pedaling away
one hand carrying a bouquet of stargazers.

Ten-week old soft puppy
Hello, welcome to the world
You are so golden.

A song I, yes, have heard before
Drowning in the sea of love
Where everyone would love to drown.

Waiting in line at the Castro theater
someone behind me regretting
jalapeƱos in his sandwich.

A gray night in June.
I came here eleven summers ago.
My heart is now open
where two cable cars
can pass each other in opposite directions.
No, I don’t mind contradiction at all.

Journal Entry: September 23, 2008

I walk home from the Castro station; I take 17th street as usual. I appreciate the outside air – windless and calm. There is a young woman, a high school girl in uniform, who starts singing once she gets off the train. She starts singing like an opera singer and walks energetically. I follow behind her, to get a feel of her world – vibrating, loud, confident.

***

You can see the rest of Nani's photo shoot here.

Nani's blog: http://www.allthiseveryday.blogspot.com/

And the website of where she works: http://asianamericanmedia.org/


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Short and poetic; I like it!

I also like the colors from the shoot; very vibrant. =)